BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
All results will vary per person depending on their skin type, lifestyle, existing hair, bone structure, aftercare. We do not offer refunds on any service.
- Do not work out 24 hours before procedure.
- NO alcohol or caffeine 12 hours before procedure (Yes, there is caffeine in decaf coffee and tea!).
- Avoid sun and tanning one week prior to procedure.
- Cannot be using Antibiotic.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen, fish oils 48 hours before procedure. This may cause excess bleeding and may affect your results.
- Discontinue Retin-A at least 4 weeks prior (and avoid on eyebrow area after procedure).
- Refrain from use of any Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) products, Vitamin A, glycolic acids, exfoliation close to the eyebrow area 2 weeks prior (and avoid on eyebrow area after procedure).
- Botox and filler on the forehead, temple, and eye area should be avoided 1 month prior to procedure for those who do not regularly receive injectables.
- No brow waxing, tinting, or threading one week prior (the more natural hair growth you have, the better!)
- Do not have chemical peels, dermabrasions, mesotherapy, or any other intense treatments 3 - 4 weeks before the microblading procedure. This will cause faster skin cell rejuvenation and skin irritation and will therefore affect healing and the final outcome.
- You may come in with how you normally draw in your brows/bring samples of brow shapes you like to the appointment.
- Plan your vacations accordingly because you will need to avoid water for 7-14 days after. This includes excessive sweating, pools, lakes, salt water & extreme sun exposure.
Please follow above pre-care instructions as well as:
- No other lash services such as lash extensions or lash lift/tint can be done prior to the booking date. Lash extensions must be removed beforehand. You must wait at least 2 weeks after a lash lift/tint.
- Please remove contacts (if you wear them) prior to coming to the appointment. A contact case + solution will be provided if you forget.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
For 7-14 days after your appointment.
- Do not touch the healing pigmented area with your fingers, they may have bacteria on them and create an infection.
- Avoid hot showers for the first 24 hours. Avoid putting the procedure area directly in the water stream. Continue this regime until the procedure area has completely healed.
- No makeup, tinting brows or lashes, excess sweating, facials, sun, soap, sauna, jacuzzi, swimming in chlorine pools or in recreational bodies of water, contact with animals, or gardening for 7-10 days (until the area is completely healed) post-procedure and after all touch-ups.
- Botox should be avoided for 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks following your appointment. Avoid Laser treatments around the procedure area as there is a risk of altering the color and lightening the pigment. If facial plastic surgery is being considered, it is advised to be fully healed prior to your appointment.
- Do not pick, rub or traumatize the procedure area while it is healing (pigment may be removed along with crusting tissue).
24 hours after the procedure, clean brows to remove buildup or prevent any infection (as this is considered an open wound), With a damp cotton pad or baby wipe, gently pat/wipe brows clean then re-apply a thin layer of aftercare gel if necessary.
- Use sunblock after the procedure area has healed to prevent future fading of pigment color.
- Do not use products that contain AHA's on the procedure area. Example: Glycolic, lactic acids. Always check your product labeling. These products will fade your pigment color.
- Similar to traditional tattoos, it is normal to experience some loss of pigment during the healing period. Please take precautions to protect light-colored linens and towels. The pigment is expected to be darker for the first 3-5 days after your appointment. Don’t panic! They will lighten and change every day during the healing period.
- After the initial healing period and once any flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes which will make it seem as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared. Within 1-2 weeks, 40-60% of the pigment will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
- If you have any questions or concerns please notify me immediately.
- If you experience any itching, swelling, blistering or any other complications post-procedure call me immediately. You may be allergic to the aftercare product you are using.
- Failure to follow these instructions may result in pigment color loss. All permanent make-up procedures are a two-step process. Your touchup appointment should be booked 6-8 weeks after your initial appointment. On rare occasions, a third appointment is needed to achieve the desired look. This must be booked within 3 months of your previous appointment. Pricing will be charged according to the time frame since your last touch-up.
- Eyes may feel puffy and swollen the first and second day after the procedure.
- No makeup on the eye area 5-7 days after.
- Do not touch the area or get it wet for 48 hours.
- No working out for 5-7 days and avoid direct sun exposure or tanning 4 weeks after the procedure.
-DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally fall off. Picking can cause scarring and pigment loss.
-Contacts cannot be worn for 5-7 days.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 5-7 days.
- Arnica tablets can help to control any swelling after the procedure.
- Do not apply any ointment or balms to your lash line. Dry healing works best.
- Expect significant fading after your initial appointment. A touchup may be necessary 6-12 weeks after the initial appointment.