BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
All results will vary per person depending on their skin type, lifestyle, existing hair, bone structure, aftercare. We do not offer refunds on any service.
- Do not work out 24 hours before procedure.
- NO alcohol or caffeine 12 hours before procedure (Yes, there is caffeine in decaf coffee and tea!).
- Avoid sun and tanning one week prior to procedure.
- Cannot be using Antibiotic.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen, fish oils 48 hours before procedure. This may cause excess bleeding and may affect your results.
- Discontinue Retin-A at least 4 weeks prior (and avoid on eyebrow area after procedure).
- Refrain from use of any Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) products, Vitamin A, glycolic acids, exfoliation close to the eyebrow area 2 weeks prior (and avoid on eyebrow area after procedure).
- Botox and filler on the forehead, temple, and eye area should be avoided 1 month prior to procedure for those who do not regularly receive injectables.
- No brow waxing, tinting, or threading one week prior (the more natural hair growth you have, the better!)
- Do not have chemical peels, dermabrasions, mesotherapy, or any other intense treatments 3 - 4 weeks before the microblading procedure. This will cause faster skin cell rejuvenation and skin irritation and will therefore affect healing and the final outcome.
- You may come in with how you normally draw in your brows/bring samples of brow shapes you like to the appointment.
- Plan your vacations accordingly because you will need to avoid water for 7-14 days after. This includes excessive sweating, pools, lakes, salt water & extreme sun exposure.
Please follow above pre-care instructions as well as:
- No other lash services such as lash extensions or lash lift/tint can be done prior to the booking date. Lash extensions must be removed beforehand. You must wait at least 2 weeks after a lash lift/tint.
- Please remove contacts (if you wear them) prior to coming to the appointment. A contact case + solution will be provided if you forget.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
For 7-14 days after your appointment.
- Do not touch the healing pigmented area with your fingers, they may have bacteria on them and create an infection.
- Avoid hot showers for the first 24 hours. Avoid putting the procedure area directly in the water stream. Continue this regime until the procedure area has completely healed.
- No makeup, tinting brows or lashes, excess sweating, facials, sun, soap, sauna, jacuzzi, swimming in chlorine pools or in recreational bodies of water, contact with animals, or gardening for 7-10 days (until the area is completely healed) post-procedure and after all touch-ups.
- Botox should be avoided for 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks following your appointment. Avoid Laser treatments around the procedure area as there is a risk of altering the color and lightening the pigment. If facial plastic surgery is being considered, it is advised to be fully healed prior to your appointment.
- Do not pick, rub or traumatize the procedure area while it is healing (pigment may be removed along with crusting tissue).
- 24 hours after the procedure, clean brows to remove buildup or prevent any infection (as this is considered an open wound). Clean your brow with Cetaphil face wash and a cotton round, each day, until flaking and scabbing is gone. Ointment will be given to you the day of your appointment and all after care instructions will also be explained.
- Use sunblock after the procedure area has healed to prevent future fading of pigment color.
- Do not use products that contain AHA's on the procedure area. Example: Glycolic, lactic acids. Always check your product labeling. These products will fade your pigment color.
- Similar to traditional tattoos, it is normal to experience some loss of pigment during the healing period. Please take precautions to protect light-colored linens and towels. The pigment is expected to be darker for the first 3-5 days after your appointment. Don’t panic! They will lighten and change every day during the healing period.
- After the initial healing period and once any flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes which will make it seem as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared. Within 1-2 weeks, 40-60% of the pigment will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
- If you have any questions or concerns please notify me immediately.
- If you experience any itching, swelling, blistering or any other complications post-procedure call me immediately. You may be allergic to the aftercare product you are using.
- Failure to follow these instructions may result in pigment color loss. All permanent make-up procedures are a two-step process. Your touchup appointment should be booked 6-8 weeks after your initial appointment. On rare occasions, a third appointment is needed to achieve the desired look. This must be booked within 3 months of your previous appointment. Pricing will be charged according to the time frame since your last touch-up.
- Eyes may feel puffy and swollen the first and second day after the procedure.
- No makeup on the eye area 5-7 days after.
- Do not touch the area or get it wet for 48 hours.
- No working out for 5-7 days and avoid direct sun exposure or tanning 4 weeks after the procedure.
-DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally fall off. Picking can cause scarring and pigment loss.
-Contacts cannot be worn for 5-7 days.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 5-7 days.
- Arnica tablets can help to control any swelling after the procedure.
- Do not apply any ointment or balms to your lash line. Dry healing works best.
- Expect significant fading after your initial appointment. A touchup may be necessary 6-12 weeks after the initial appointment.