What is Microblading?
- Microblading is a form of cosmetic tattooing that uses a fine blade to implant pigment into the surface of the skin to produce very thin lines that mimic the appearance of hair strokes. These thin lines flow in the same direction as your own brow hairs and create the most natural results. This technique looks and heals best on clients with normal/dry skin types with small pores and fine evenly distributed hair within the brow area.
What is Ombre Powder Brows?
- This procedure uses a digital machine with a single needle and deposits ink under the “epidermis” layer of the skin to create a powder finish. Powder Ombré is ideal for clients who wear makeup on a daily basis and prefer lighter heads (front of the brows) and darker tails (end of the brow). All skin types work well with this method. Suitable for thin, sparse brows & all skin types. Heals best on oily skin and large pores, course brow texture & little to no brow hairs.
What is Combo Brows?
- A combination of Microblading and Ombre Powder. This method has become very popular and is great for normal to combination skin types. Microblading will be done at the front/head of the brow while Powder Ombre is done in the middle to tail sections of the brow. Suitable for all brows & skin types.
How long does it last?
- This varies from person to person, everyone's results last a different amount of time.Touchups are typically scheduled 6-8 weeks after initial appointment. From there a color refresh is recommended on average from 12-18 months after touchup.
Do I need a separate consultation before getting any of these procedures done?
- A separate consultation is required if you had previous cosmetic tattooing or if you are unsure about the procedure and have further questions.
How long is the healing process?
- There is a 7-14 day healing period. During that time you will need to avoid water saturation of the brows and sweating (so no working out). Refer to the Before & aftercare instructions for specific details.
How long does the appointment take?
- The procedure is broken into 2 sessions and typically, results are best once both appointments are complete. The first appointment takes approximately 2 hours. This includes brow mapping/shaping, skin numbing & then microblading/ombre powder brows/ combo brows. Touch-up appointments are approximately 1 hour long.
What will my brows look like during the healing process?
- The tattoo will look up to 30% darker and larger during the first week, until it fully heals. During the healing process, the tattoo may form a light scab. It will start peeling after a few days but you can’t scratch or pick at it. You should avoid wearing brow makeup for 1-2 weeks.
Do I need to come back for a touchup appointment?
- All cosmetic tattoo procedures require two sessions, an initial session to establish shape, and a perfecting session 8-12 weeks later. During your 6-12 week follow-up we can assess your pigment retention and make any adjustments needed. This follow-up also increases the longevity of your semi-permanent tattoo.
I had my brows done by another artist, can you touch them up?
- All new clients are considered new brows due to the fact that every artist has their own style of tattooing, which can make it extremely difficult to cover. If the previous tattoo is done unevenly, or the color has changed to an undesirable one, the process of covering up is almost always more work than a client with virgin eyebrows. Please schedule a consultation if this is you.
Does it hurt?
- Microblading/Ombre Powder Brows/Combo Brows is designed to lightly scratch the surface of the skin. This should not be painful. In addition, a topical anesthetic is used to ease any discomfort for clients. Most people rate the pain level between a 1-3 on a scale of 1-10 (10 being extremely painful).
Can I get this done if I am pregnant or nursing?
- Although microblading is a safe and low risk procedure, for your own safety and peace of mind, Yasmeen will not tattoo any clients who are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you discover you are pregnant and have an appointment scheduled, please notify us so we can reschedule and make future arrangements
How do I prolong the life of my eyebrow tattoo
- To keep your tattoo looking its best, avoid getting it wet until it is completely healed. Always wear sunscreen SPF 30 or higher on the tattooed area when you are exposed to the sun (after it’s healed) or it will fade much faster. Avoid exfoliating the tattooed area and never wax your brows, as it can fade the tattoo. Don’t apply skincare with retinol, acids, acne medications, or use scrubs near your tattoo.
Who is not a good candidate for these procedures?
- You can not receive cosmetic tattoos if:
- Under 18 years old
- Pregnant or nursing
- Under the influence of recreational drugs or alcohol
- Have a history of hemophilia, bleeding disorders or are on any medication that may increase bleeding.
- Undergoing chemotherapy or have undergone chemo in the past 12 months
- Prone to keloid scarring
- Have any type of infection and or rash anywhere on my body
- Have sensitivities to dyes, pigments, or topical anesthetics (ex:lidocaine)
- On Accutane. You must be off the medication for a minimum of 1 year before receiving permanent makeup.